Thursday 29 March 2012

Chat with John

I had my final chat with John this morning before we broke for Easter. I showed him my Hopper idea, how I bastardised the the logo, the finished logo, pie segment idea, its a wonder life reference, flash Ident idea and other Ident sketches.

John liked the Hopper idea and thought it would be an interesting way to show off the logo. He thought the newly formed bastardised logo was a lot stronger and had more of a presence than the first version. He still isn't sure about the colour of the logo. When I showed him it along with the other channel 4 logos he thought it was perhaps to similar than the original ch4 logo ( coloured ) as the same colours were used. I used those colours to help link the logos together but maybe its a little to similar. He wants me to work on some more colour ideas and see if it improves to logo.

He also liked the pie idea and the logo being divided into segments which represent the programmes being shown. And he also thought the idea of the segments flashing and having a voice, (like the its a wonderful life) was an interesting concept.

So over Easter John would like me to start developing some of the Ident idea on screen. I will need to experiment with video settings, light, shadow and angle. I will look over the different channel 4/other tv Idents again to see how they have used these methods in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment