Tuesday 7 February 2012

Other Books I found

When I was in the library yesterday I also found this great book called, "Graphic design since 1950." Some of the posters really jumped out at me and I could see how they could be used for this "i" project. The simplicity of Shigeo Fukuda "Victory" poster reminded me of the shape of the "i" logo. Perhaps a more simple approach with bold shapes and limited colour would work better. I also included other images which I found in the book that may prove useful.



Perhaps the eye from the "clockwork orange" could replace the dot of the "i" logo and be used for a film special.

I also seen this Japanese poster called 1960 today and it looks like a sticker. I could maybe make a one of piece and have a range of stickers placed on top of each other and as they are peeled away a new image is revelled each time. This may be fun for students.


These Robert Burns pieces could also replace the dot on the "i" which would give a nice textured feel.


Supper hero's like batman could also be used in the design. Students collect a lot of posters and place them in their rooms, it may be nice to do a series of "i" posters with supper hero's in the dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment