Wednesday 25 April 2012

JVC film camcorder


I wasn’t happy with the footage from the last camera, it kept going in and out of focus so I went and got a higher quality film camera of the university. This worked much better and it was a lot shaper than the last videos. I was able to connect the camcorder to my Mac and film directly into imovie, which was great as I could review them straight away on a large screen. When I showed John the last footage from the old camera he liked the shadow idents most so he told me to focus on them and not use the others (coffee idea). I have continued to experiment with movement, light and shadow in these new videos. I wanted to see which angle would suit the piece best and show of the logo in an interesting way. I quite like the idea of zooming in on the middle of the logo and zooming out slowly. I also like the base focus moving into an aerial image.


I used a darker/cooler light in these videos. I wanted more of a darker/spookier feel to the piece. I like the variation of shadows being cast. There is also a mystery behind the piece as you see the logo in a number of different lights. Its there one second and gone the next.



I used a number of light colours for this idea. I was thinking I could use the different light shades to represent the different times of the day. For example yellow/orange light for the morning time, white light for daytime and blue light for night time. However I don’t know if that’s too clever and if people will make the connections to the different times of the day.


I think these are my three favourite videos. I like them because they flow nicely, the logo starts out of focus and then moves into the screen and the logo becomes clear. I can also see how my logo could merge over the top of the moving piece. I’ll show these new videos to John and see which ideas he thinks are the strongest.








No comments:

Post a Comment