Saturday 21 April 2012

New shadow Idents: Praktica dvc 10.4 hdmi


I went and got a better hd camera of the university, I was hoping it would give me a better/clearer picture. However as it did give me a clear picture the camera kept buffering in and out of focus when shooting. I think it was because of the changing light conditions. I also experimented with different colours of light. As you can see the last version was quite dark and cool, I used a yellow/orange light on this piece, which gives it a bright and airy real. The different colours of light then give me an idea. Perhaps I could use the orange light for morning time and the blue cooler light for night time. I liked the idea of focusing on the centre of the logo and then zooming out slowly to reveal the entire logo. The light would still be moving constantly above the logo like a sundial.  I want to experiment with this idea further.




Again I have experimented with light in these videos. I think they are more visually interesting than the stationary versions with shadow. They look like a flashlight searching for you. When I get footage I am completely happy with I’ll bring it into after effects and merge my logo over the top of the moving light and then add text.



No comments:

Post a Comment